Positano Italy – Things to do in Positano – Positano beach. As I’ve already said in the post “Amalfi Coast Towns” Positano is one of the best village town in Amalfi Coast. Many people are enchanted by its beauty.
As you can see below Positano is devoloped on different levels and starting from the top going down to the pedestrian center you have to follow a road on the coast. On this road you can find many restaurants with a wide view of the coast and of the see. It’s unique!
In the pedestrian area you’ll see many shops where you can find many clothes in a perfect Positan’s style.
At the end of everything you find something very precious in this area: the beach! This makes Positano the town to choose for those that love beaches.
As a result maybe Positano is the best town to stay in especially in the summertime but not in the low season. Positano is the town most affected by the touristic seasons!
Things to do in Positano
In Positano there are many things to do and visit. Here you can find the main points of interest.
- Santa Maria dell’Assunta Curch
- MAR, the roman archeological museum
- The Saracean Tower
- The Positano beaches
- The Path of the Gods Positano or il Sentiero degli Dei: you can take the bus in Positano (https://www.sitasudtrasporti.it/orari – 5070 AMALFI – POSITANO – SORRENTO (via Meta – via Massa Lubrense – via Nastro Verde)) and in a few minutes you arrive to the following bus stop: Via Arienzo, 53, 84017 Arienzo SA
One of the best things to do in Positano is to relax on the Positano beach and enjoy the view. Positano beach is very nice and it’s also big compared to others beaches in the Amalfi Coast. When you walk from the highest part of Positano to the lower part through the city center you finally arrive to Positano beach.
You can see Postiano beach in many post cards and many beautiful pictures around the web. The truth is that Positano beach is really beautiful and unique for its scenario.
There is also another beach you can easily reach on foot: Fornillo Beach.
Things to do in Positano
The very first thing you should do in Positano Italy is to get lost in the town and find out all the characteristic corners and shops.
Then you can’t miss the amazing sunset! You’ll get in love with it.
Positano is very good point to take a boat and to go to visit that marvellous and unique island that Capri is. You can go for a daily tour or stay at least one night to have more time to enjoy this place.
The beautiful Grotta dello Smeraldo is not far from Positano Italy and you can choose it as a tour from Positano.
Another of the things to do in Positano is to take the boat and visit one of the other Amalfi Coast towns. From Positano Italy you can visit the following Towns by boat (https://www.travelmar.it/)
- Amalfi (about 30 min from Positano Italy)
- Minori (about 1.10 from Positano Italy) In Minori you can visit:
- The Ruins of Roman Villa and Antiquarium
- The Path of the Lemons
- Maiori (about 1.20 from Positano Italy)
- Salerno (about 1.20 h from Positano Italy)
- Cetara (about 1.30 h or 2 h from Positano Italy) This town has a beach and the town is very characteristic. Cetara is known for the best tuna of the amalfi coast and for the anchovy sauce.
Other beaches to visit
If you are in Positano Italy for few days you can also visit other very nice beaches in the area:
- Marina di Praia (Praino) – about 30 minutes from Positano.
- Bagni Regina Giovanna – about 30 minutes by car
- From Amalfi you can take the boat to get to the the small beaches reachable only by boat
- Minori and Maiori
- Marina del Cantone
Things to do in Positano in 3 days
Day 1 morning
After your arrival the best things to do in Positano are explore the town and relax on the Positano Beach.
Day 1 afternoon
Visit Positano + From Positano to Amalfi by boat
- Villa Rufolo
- Villa Cimbrone
Or Amalfi by bus. (you can find the bus times to the following page: bus time). Last bus Amalfi Positano at 7:00 pm.
Day 2 morning
Marina di Praia and have lunch in one of the restaurants on the beach.
Day 2 afternoon
The Emerald Grotto + Spiaggia del Duoglio
Day 3 morning
Positano beach: Fornillo beach.
Day 3 afternoon
Sentiero degli Dei or the Path of the Gods Positano
The following ticket is very useful. You can use it for all the day and you can alse take one time a Travelmar boat.
You can for example go to Amalfi by boat and then come back by bus stopping in the places you want to visit.
Visit Amalfi + Ravello. You can go from Amalfi to Ravello by bus. In Ravello there are 2 beautiful villas to visit:
- Villa Rufolo
- Villa Cimbrone
How can I get to Villa Rufolo from Amalfi? You can take the bus in Amalfi (Piazza Flavio Gioia, 1). The bus line is the number 5110 to get to Ravello.
Positano Italy: Dangerous and Forbidden beaches in this area
Positano Italy is unique and there are many things to do in Positano. Also the nearby area is really worthy to be visited.
Anyway there are areas you should avoid. There are especially beaches you should avoid because there are not safe for the landslide hazard. There are many nice places to visit in Positano and many things to do in Amalfi Coast so we don’t need to go in this places.
We should pay attention in order to spend a beautiful but also safe vacation in the Amalfi Coast. A few of the very famous Amalfi Coast beaches are located in the forbidden area. This is true for beaches such as Furore beach and Cavallo Morto.
In the picture below you can see the red zone you should avoid.
- Furore: very famous beach but there is the landslide hazard and that’s why it’s dangerous.
- Maiori: Cavallo Morto o Bellavaia
- from Laurito to Hotel Tritone excluded
- from torre di Grado Praiano to scoglio dell’Ischi
- from Furore to Conca dei Marmi
You can see more details: black-list delle spiagge vietate in costiera amalfitana
Other post related to the subject “Positano Italy: unforgettable Things to do in Positano & Positano beach”
- How long should I spend in Pompeii? How long does it take to visit Pompeii?
- Pompeii ruins bodies
- Can you visit Pompeii and Herculaneum in one day?